Old Time Roofing’s focus is on roofs, even though “fun” may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about roofing. Here are some interesting facts about roofs and roofing.
- Some of the oldest roofing materials are thatch, clay, and stone. Thatch was most likely used between 5000 and 1800 B.C. The origins of clay tiles can be traced back to 10,000 BC.
- Thatched roofs are extremely effective because the reed is naturally waterproof. A thatched roof can also shed snow and water.
- Metal roofing materials are lighter and more durable than wood shingles.
- Metal roofs are more susceptible to lightning strikes that other roofs. Non-metals can be attracted by lightning, too. Metal roofs can protect your home from lightning because they are not combustible.
- Asphalt shingles are an older product but they are still the most popular roofing material in America. Asphalt shingles are used by 75% of North American homeowners.
- Water tends to move faster than it dries down. It is possible to find a leak twenty feet away from the original location on a roof. Most people don’t pay enough attention to their roofs. Your roof is an essential part of your home. Your roof protects you from the weather and adds beauty to your home.
- Protecting your roof against potential leaks is as easy as flashing protection. Roof leaks may also occur due to damaged shingles or damage to the waterproofing material beneath them. If there is a leak, you don’t have to replace the whole roof. Dry rot can be detected if the leak continues to persist and doesn’t go away. It could also be too late. Do not hesitate to have your roof serviced.
Old Time Roofing is staffed with trustworthy and experienced professionals who are ready to help you. Get an estimate, and financing is available. Contact us now!
This post was written by Ted Williams! Ted is the owner of A Old Time Roofing which is the premier Clearwater Roof Repair! Ted is a Master Elite Weather Stopper GAF Roofing Contractor, a double award winner of Best Steep-Slope Contractor from GAF and achiever of Master Elite Consumer Protection Excellence from GAF. He has been serving the Pinellas County area since 1978. Old Time Roofing has a tradition of quality workmanship, servicing residential and commercial properties.